Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Xmas Eve 2019 21:15

It has started to rain, and don't we need it badly. I just hope it lasts. Wow, Thunder and lightning. Heavy rain is falling on the Glass House Mountains. Best Crissie present ever. I hope everyone is getting some rain too.

Xmas Day 2019 09:30 It's all very quiet on the eastern front of Glass House Mountains. It's still wet outside, but not raining anymore, hopefully, we'll get some more throughout the day. The silence will soon be shattered by the onslaught of grandchildren arriving in waves, wonderful experience. My mum has rung three times already, asking who is picking her up, bless her. It's all arranged mum I tell her, just like it was five minutes ago.
It's a little muggy so we've got the air conditioners on to cool the house to an acceptable temperature. The ham is about to sliced up and the prawns are defrosting. So much food and so little time to eat it all, although I don't know why we put ourselves through the stress of preparing festivities for just one day. We should live every day with gusto, making the most out of everything you do.

I saw the Hand Therapist yesterday and she is happy with the progress of my right elbow, still a way to go. Still another ten days or so before they will allow me to drive a vehicle. It has been so frustrating being hamstrung from using the right arm, especially as my left arm is still functioning at less than 30%, The woes of turning 60 years of age I suppose. I'm being strong and maintaining a positive outlook because I have much to do in preparation for my big treck next year.

The initial stages of readiness for the "Back to the Track 2020" has been going well, I had the majority of the mechanical aspects for the Jeep completed prior to my Surgery in November with the aid my chief Machanic, Ted Martin. I so wish he could come with us next year. We need to do a few long-distance trials, testing both driver and vehicle endurance, as there will be some long days with upward of 300 kilometers on a number of days during the event.

Whoops! 10:30 Silence is broken, they've arrived.


Pandamonium!


Xmas Night 19:00 Peace finally achieved. Tracey and I are home alone once again. Rain has fallen steadily throughout the day although the sun did shine a few times during the day. As always at Xmas time too much food, drink, and merriment for one day, why do we do it? Pretty sure I've spoken to all that I ought to on this festive day. Although those that really count would not have been offended if by chance we'd missed a call or two. That's life.

I do trust you all faired well on this day, hopefully not eaten or drunk too much. Overall I do hope you have enjoyed the friendship, companionship That this generally brings. So looking forward to the New Year and the countdown to "Back to the Track 2020" will click over to six months, and so it begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say